Vortec M-1 Mill Options
Rotor Bearing Assembly Types:
- Grease-Packed Bearings features low maintenance. Maximum continuous operating speed is 10,000 RPM. Intermittent operations up to 15,000 RPM is acceptable. Spindle temperatures can reach as high as 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Oil-Mist Lubricated Bearings feature high continuous operating speeds up to 20,000 RPM and relatively low operating temperatures. Provisions must be provided for filtering or capturing the exhausted oil mist . The oil reservoir must be replenished periodically.
- High Speed Rotor is capable of speeds up to 20,000 RPM. It has 4 discharge channels with an approximately 1/4 inch opening. The discharge ports have Tungsten Carbide Liners. The other wear areas can be hard faced with Tungsten Carbide. This is a highly efficient rotor that produces little air flow demand on the dust collector.
- High Speed Heavy Duty Rotor is capable of speeds up to 20,000 RPM (a larger 10 H.P. motor may be required to drive the rotor at the higher speeds). Two versions are available with either 8 or 4 discharge ports. The discharge ports have an approximately 5/16 inch opening. The discharge ports have Tungsten Carbide Liners.
- Enlarged Open Rotor is capable of speeds up to 15,000 RPM. It has 12 discharge ports with an approximately 1/2 inch opening. The discharge ports have hardened 440C Stainless Steel Liners.
- Open Rotor is capable of speeds up to 15,000 RPM. It has 4 discharge ports with an approximately 1/4 inch opening. The discharge ports have Tungsten Carbide Liners.
Impact Target Types:
- The impact target distance can be either 1/8, 5/16, or 3/4 inch from the rotor.
- The impact blocks are made from Tungsten Carbide or hardened 440C Stainless Steel.
Mill Housing Types:
- A mill housing design is available for either side discharge or bottom discharge. The bottom discharge option is typically used for heavier material. An air sweep option is available to assist in side discharge.
- The side discharge mill housing is available in Ductile Iron or Stainless Steel.
- A cryogenic feeder that will lower the raw material feed temperature to as low as -300 degree Fahrenheit.
- Gas recirculation piping for mill operations with inert gas.
- A variable speed motor controller can be provided for varying rotor speed. The rotor speed can also be varied by changing rotor pulleys.
- Accessories for linking the Vortec M-1 Mill in tandem operation with the Vortec C-1 Particle Classifier.